Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Literacy Narrative Project

I'm  doing my literacy narrative project on how i learned sign language to communicate with infants. I had to learn it in order to teach the babies how to communicate. As babies they don't know any words, and they have a harder time being able to say them. So the daycare told us we should teach them sign language. They didnt need to know how to form sentences or anything like that. But they learned simple words. I already knew some sign language because a friend of mine is deaf as well as some of her family members. I know how to interpret it better than how to do it. Though, i know a lot of words, but nothing close to the amount of words in the dictionary. I know how to say any kind of family member. I know how to say some kinds of food, animals. I can say things like "More" "Pacifier" "Bottle" "Tree" ect. I plan to make a movie on this, thought i may just use the power point since i know it a lot better. Not quite sure about how it will all play out just yet, though it's still floating in my head. I want to incorporate some music and obviously some words and pictures or infants using sign language. Thats mostly all i have so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment