Monday, September 20, 2010

Malcom X


Malcom X had an extraordinary experience in prison. Usually, when you hear about people going to prison, they tend to pick up a hobby. The hobby he picked up, learning words, writing them down and trying to memorize the dictionary, not a very common hobby.  He was never really literate, then leaving jail, he was very literate and became a very famous public speaker and human activist. This is very inspiring for me to be honest. I don't think I could've done that, learned the entire dictionary. Though, if i was in jail for a long time, its possible i might have taken it up. But since i'm not in jail, i don't find the need to learn it. I can communicate in a few different ways so i don't feel like i need to learn the entire dictionary, even if it would make me sound a lot more educated. I am fine with how educated i am now. Maybe people would think higher of me, but I'm comfortable with the amount of education i have now in the English language. Though when i'm in school i will be learning more, but probably not the entire dictionary. I could learn how to use the descriptions he uses in his writing. It is absolutely marvelous the amount of description he uses. The way everything flows and paints a picture is beautiful. Something i would like to inquire into my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment