Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Lion King Movie Review

Recently I had just re-watched The Lion King for a millionth time and I was again absolutely pleased. As a child it was my all-time favorite movie. Allers and Minkoff do an extraordinary job with all the symbolism of biblical references and a mock of Shakespeare's Hamlet. Rated G, The Lion King is animated beautifully, the language is just perfect for children to understand and relate, and also the morals taught in this movie is perfectly appropriate for any age. Children will love it, as well as their parents. The characters were perfect, there is a serious matter in this plot, as Mufasa, the King of Pride Rock, was killed by his brother, Scar, while Mufasa's son, Simba, is convinced it is his fault and runs away fearing he will be exiled by the kingdom. He is found by the comic characters, Timone and Pumba, a goofy pair, past out in the middle of the desert. Simba is then taken in by them and ignores his past. As I watched this movie the only downfall i had found was the music. This particular movie didnt need all the disney musical nonsense. Though some of the songs are very catchy, like "Hakuna Matata". Children will love this song as Timone and Pumba sing it. Even if the music in this move aren't 100 percent, the animation, plot, characters, make up for it.

2 comments:

  1. My feelings for this movie are exactly the same as yours except I think the music is one of the best parts of the films especially "I Just Can't Wait to be King," the song is extremely catchy in tells the audience how Simba cannot wait for his day to be kind, but when the time comes around for him to it isn't what people would think he would do. When Nala finds him in the rain forrest with Timone n Pumba he refuses to come back which is very ironic to the song. But yes this movie is enjoyable for all ages and i feel their is so much music to keep the young children entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that same way as you do about this movie. This is a great movie and although I have not watched it in a long time I can vividly remember everything that was discussed in your review. I am on the boarder of agreeing with you about the music because there are so many great and catchy song in there. However there are also some songs that do not fit as well. It was a great point that this movie is enjoyable for all ages because I never really though about that I always though of it as a child movie...Great practice review

    ReplyDelete